Monday, February 07, 2005

A week later

I've finally gotten around to posting a few pics from the ski trip two weekends ago. I swear, I take one day off from work and it's a week making it up. Plus my office hosted the regional meeting last week and lucky me got to give a presentation. So it was way above standard level of busy. When I work late, I have no desire to look at a computer when I get home, and today is the first day I've had a minute to post during my lunch.

The ski trip was a huge success this year! We had great snow conditions, tons of powder, hardly any ice. I skied blue runs the majority of the time - this is a huge step for me. I'm finally getting better at this. (Although now I want to learn snowboarding.)

This past weekend was wonderfully relaxing. Friday night had a girls night, had a great time just drinking and talking and laughing. (found out that we should have done a bit more bar hoping - we never made it to TJ's, where apparently John Corbet hung out all night. Yes, the hottie from Sex In The City is from right here in WV, once I turned around at a bar and walked straight into him - grace I'm not) D left Saturday morning, bound for our friends house in Philly to watch the Superbowl. I had the house to myself! As it was 60 out, washed the truck then took a huge long walk with GrapeApe, went farther out on the farm road than I had before, and found a new trail. (Also found a dead fawn on our property. Really odd. Looks like it had just laid down and died) Puttered around the house all day, then fell asleep on the couch. Why this seems like a luxury I have no idea. But it was great to just lay there and doze in and out while movies came and went.

Sunday went to church and then lunch with my dad (at TJ's - hey, ya never know) and spent the rest of the afternoon finally finishing sanding all the bedroom doors. My hands still feel like they're buzzing. Sunday night I watched the dreaded SuperBowl with friends. It was so painfully close. I feel so sorry for D. Not just because I'm sure he' so disapointed, but becuase it's the end of the season. I am glad he watched it in Philly. No matter what I'm sure he had a good time. Oh, and amazed at the halftime show. Paul McCartney put on an awesome, lip-synch free concert. The stage and fireworks were impressive, as was the sound. Didn't miss the breast at all.