Monday, April 25, 2005

G.O.O.B

D and I had to walk through our Mall this weekend. We go there about twice a year. There is nothing there. It's slowly being overtaken by Dollar stores. It will soon be called "The Dollar Mall". It's a horrible, pathetic little mall. Most of the people walking thru look so sad or beaten down. Or odd looking. Lots of retired "walkers" as well. D and I had to go from one end of the mall to the other. We walked by a couple of business that were closing/going out of business. We started joking around about how those stores were closing just because it's what stores "do" here. He said something about we should open a store and just call it "Going Out of Business". Then it hit me...G.O.O.B. I started laughing and told him what I meant. People will ask, "Are you Going out of business?" " Why yes, yes we are!" "Hey Floyd, Mabel said she got a good deal on lawn fairy reflecting garden globes at G.O.O.B. Ya reckon we should go to G.O.O.B?" "Where'd you buy that?" "I got it at G.O.O.B!".

Realizing someone might have thought of this alread. I'll look into it.

Sidenote: Dannon yogurt does not stay "ok" when you forget and leave it in your backpack over the weekend and stick it back in the fridge to eat for lunch Monday. I mixed it up and had a huge mouthful when I looked down and saw green in the cup. Yum.

Know those pics I posted of the bright sunny days? It SNOWED here this weekend! All weekend! It's APRIL, and it's been 35 during the day. A balmy 45 today.


I've posted a few very fuzzy pics of some of the horses at the stable. I did it really quickly cuz it was so cold. I'll take more on a sunny day. I got to ride Sunday for an hour. Arena work with a new horse that needs some work before we can put clients on him. Walk, trot, walk, trot. My form sucks. I need some work.