Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Best Things About Summer

Smell of cut grass
Smell of suntan lotion
Cooking practically every dinner on the grill
Sleeping with the windows open
Birds song all day

While I was working on the garden last night our neighbor Sarah rode by on her Appy. I talked to her for at least 45 min. I really like her, but I think the majority of our neighbor dislikes her. She walks to the beat of a different drummer. She's actually more like us than the rest of our neighbors. A naturalist vs. Drs and Lawyers. Her kid is away all summer and she asked me again about riding with her, which I think would be great, I'd love to ride around our woods. So hopefully that happens soon. With regularity.

My parents are coming over for dinner tonight. We don't have them over often enough. They arent' the drop-by-unannounced type of parents. They worry too much about not intruding on our lives to the point they aren't at all. I honestly talked to them more I think when we lived 4 hrs away. But I love them. It's just we have this great big deck and I wish we had more people over to enjoy it with us. Feel that summer is fleeting and it's only June.


Me with the folks on their front porch w/ their Boston Terrier Missy.