Monday, November 07, 2005

and the third weekend they rested...

or at least they hope to. Next weekend that is. We having nothing planned for what seems like the first week in a long string of weekends. We can just relax next weekend. It's seems we've been so busy since the beginning of October.This past weekend D's brother and fiance came to visit. While we had a great time, and always love to entertain, that was the third time in a month and a half we had weekend guests, plus at least two parties at our place. And last weekend we cut and hauled firewood for two days straight. We need a quiet weekend. I mean I want to sit and veg and watch movies all day.

The highlight of this past weekend was finishing reading "The Time Traveler's Wife". It's been on Baba's list of good reads for awhile, and I always trust her taste in books. This was such a good book. When I finished it I kept thinking about it all day. I had gotten up really early Saturday morning, I had slept on the couch because I got sick in the night from an awful hamburger I had eaten at a party that night. So I had a cup of tea and I was sitting reading, and it just kept getting better and drawing you in more the closer it got to the end and then it was so awfully sad. I was sitting there crying as I read hoping our guests wouldn't wake up and see me driveling away. (No worry there though, as whenever they visit, they never get up til around 10 am) I bet they make this into a movie. Which like "Life of Pi" I can't see how they'll convey it without screwing it up. But I'll never get D to read this, and it's one of those books I think he'd really enjoy.

Speaking of movies. Not that we don't love him for being T, but one of the coolest things about seeing T, D's brother, is getting his updates on the movies he's worked on. He just finished working on the last M. Knight movie. He does electrical work, lighting, set building, and more but I don't know the details. He's worked on all of M.Knight's movies, except maybe "Fragile"? He loves working on them and it's really interesting to hear him talk about what it's like behind the scenes.

Oh I just got the latest book club book in the mail today. It's Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. I can't wait for the group discussion on this one. Another girl already finished it and said it's really sexy, complete with girl/girl sex. I just KNOW some of the girls in book club will either just skip that part or get mad about it. Good discussions to come from that meeting ..hahaha. I love Sheryl for picking this book just because of that. I wonder if she knew?

I heard the new track off Madonna's newest CD. She samples "Gimme, Gimme, Gimme" by ABBA, and it sounds great. Not a huge Madonna fan, but I could use a new upbeat dance cd.