Monday, February 20, 2006

Maw - we caught us anuthrin!

Mmmmmm vittles.

Kidding. Yes, we caught the brother over the weekend...only to have two more of the little bastards show up in their place. I want to start spray painting them to see if they actually are walking that many miles back. I swear because we're trapping them, they're getting worse. Now they're up on the deck hanging off of our really nice birdfeeder trying to get that seed. I'm ready to set up an electric current to it somehow at night. This violent thought balanced by my husband who went out and wrapped the trap in a tarp and towels - in case we caught something it wouldn't freeze to death.

I looked out at one point and saw a rabbit, a squirrel and a racoon all congragated around the base of our bird feeding tree. And they were all huge. Apparently our bird seed makes them grow to Chernobyl sizes. Not kidding, they were all about the same size.

In other news over the weekend... I still had my cold. I can't kick it. I did a lot of laying around on the couch which isn't like me. Our neighbor stopped by at 10 am Saturday to see if we wanted a load of "poop" as he said. I had to answer the door in mismatched flannel jammies, a red nose, and bed-head. The neighbor being the heaviest of the heavy-weight millionaires living in our neighborhood. Remember, we live in the smallest house surrounded by doctors and lawyers. (In the "which one of these things doesn't belong game" it would be us) This neighbor though owns a local beer and cigarette store franchise. He has more money than he knows what to do with.. always buying tractors and buldozers - and he's the NICEST guy. He's always offering to do anything for anyone. Dig a hole here, till a garden there, plow the streets all winter. He could not be nicer. And he brings us manure for our garden. Awesome.

Sidenote: D has a job interview tomorrow...cross all fingers and toes. We want him to get it!!