Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day

D and I have a long-standing tradition for Valentine's Day. No gifts, cards are ok but not expected, and we always go out for pizza and beer. It's two things we both love, and there's never any stress about expectation levels or spending silly amounts of money on price-gouged roses.

When we lived in Rockville we used to go to Broadway Pizza. A great little mom and pop type restaurant with great pizza and pitchers of beer. Since we've moved back to WV, it's been hard to follow thru on this tradition. Most of the local pizza places are either A) delivery only or B) square pizza, not a more NY style we like. One year we went to Greco's. It was awful. Usually you can go there for the lunch buffet and it's ok. But when we went for V-Night, it was packed and they couldn't get the pizzas out fast enough, so they weren't cooked all the way thru. Nice big doughy goo with tomato sauce. ick.

This year we went to Enzio's. And it was great! It's small, maybe 20 tables. They have a big brick fire oven to cook the pizza's right in front of everyone. The pizza is thin crust and yummy. We go the Meditereanean. Oliv oil, feta, basil, garlic and olives. Yummy. I also had 2 beers. I haven't drank in about 2 motnhs, but I thought, what the heck just tonight to celebrate.

After dinner we stopped by to visit my folks. They had just got back from visiting my brothers family. We didn't have time to rent a movie after that, so when we got home we played darts. Our basement is huge - the entire size of the house upstairs - but it isn't finished. When it is, it'll be great. But for now we just have a dart board hanging on the wall, and an old tv. So we played 3-4 games of cricket and watched the Olympics. We had such a nice, relaxing fun night. A perfect Valentine's Day. I had a bit of wine while we played, so when we went to bed I thought - I'll sleep soooo good tonight.

Boy was I wrong. Woke up twice through the night to throw-up. I still feel awful. I've been taking lots of vitamin C to try to stop my cold from grabbing on, and I think that and the alcohol had created too much acid in my belly. ugh. Hope I feel better soon. My throat is killing me.

Apart from the ending though, it was a great night!