Monday, March 28, 2005

Yucky Monday

I haven't posted in awhile as nothing much to say, and been really busy. Here's the part where I could go on a diatribe about work, but don't feel like it.

We went to Philly for the weekend to visit D's family. Nice quiet visit, played with the kids and ate a lot. Went to the longest Catholic mass ever. Then his sister had an Easter brunch for the whole family that was huge. SO much food and it was all yummy. I even ate the blood pudding, which the Irish side of the family brought. It wasn't bad.

People Medicine:
But right before we left for Philly, my mom went in the hospital again. She hasn't felt well since Christmas and it's seriously pissining me off that noonem, drs, seem to do anything or take her serioulsy. She's dropped like 30lbs with out trying since maybe fall. She's had ongoing stomach issues, which lately have been 2 solid months of constant nausousness. Non-stop. They run a test, then wait a few weeks, then maybe run another test. So last Thur. they finally admit her. I don't know if if helped, but I called N about it. You don't realize it when you're ten years old, but having a friend that grows up to be a doctor has benefits. Especially one that has The Indian Connection on her side. Her dad apparently cornered my mom's Dr at some function Thursday night. She's now had at least 2 big tests done and I don't know how many blood tests done. Normally this might not mean anything, but it was over Easter wknd, and I don't think much usually happens on holiday wknds in hospitals. Anyways, whether or not calling on a friend helped or not, mom's finally having her galbladder out today sometime. Keep her in your thoughts if you could. I hope she feels better after this, she really needs to.

Dog Medicine:
Gross. We left April to stay with my dad while we were gone. She'd had a cough that's been building up for about a week, I knew I needed to take for a check up when we got back. Well now I have to get her to the vet today. She looks fat as a tick and doesn't seem to feel good at all, apparently it's cuz she's full of....worms. Ugh. !!YUCK!! Talk about heeby jeebies. Just gross. So now I have to fit in a vet visit (I'm guessing a $200 vet bill today) and get to the hospital for mom's surgery. And deal with the disapprovong look at work when I take a half day.