Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Fresh Air

Heard a really good interview today on "Fresh Air", my favorite NPR show. (no - actually my favorite is "The World" ) She was interviewing Nick Hornby about his new book, "A long Way Down". Four people meet on a building rooftop on New Year's eve all intending to jump to their deaths. Apparently what could be a depressing subject is written in standard Hornby format, including a list, and several laughs. Hoping I can get the bookclub to read this one.

The next book I'd like to read is "The Princess Bride". Someone I know is reading the book, and said it's even funnier and better than the movie. It's summer so I need a good, light-hearted book. Oh, not forgetting "Half Blood Prince" when it comes out.

Had to take Grape-Ape to the vet today, she has a rash, no big deal. Actually got out of there for under $100. I think the vet has a crush on me though. She's very "handsome", and religious, like I think she'd be a nun if she wasn't a vet. Has the 'probably played college softball' ara to her. Anyways, we had to wait a bit to see her, and she seemed a bit more dolled up than usual. Always seems flustered around April & I. This could totally be my imagination, but not sure.