Friday, June 10, 2005

The Honorable Judge Danno

Because where I work was a sponsor, I was able to get Danno a spot as a judge for the Chili-Cook Off last weekend. He was in heaven! He got to taste the Red (Hot) chili's. I think he go to taste about 20 different chili's. Thank god they didn't have beans!!! They were all numbered, so he doesn't know who he voted for, but boy was he into it. I think he was the last to leave his table. He went around three times, narrowing his choices each time. It was fun to watch as well. Someone had freaked him out by saying he wouldn't be able to drink beer while he judged - no worries - they had a keg just for the judges, AND pitchers of 'ritas. Nice. Bad part though was his judging was at the end of the day, so when I finally got a chance to go around and sample chili, it was mostly all gone. The waterfront looked really nice as well. Like it didn't belong to a dead city. I wasn't expecting it to be as big of an event as it was. Check out the pics below!