Friday, June 10, 2005

Why I haven't felt like posting:

I've felt exhausted inside and out. We spent all of May, everyday it seemed like, working on our garden. It's like 1550 square feet. 50 ft down each side and 30ft across. It's been the biggest monkey on our backs. It'll be great next year when all we have to do is till and plant, but this year has been a lot of physical effort. Danno cut 15 dead trees down, which we measure, treated, then dug 15 3'deep holes with a manual post-hole digger. Then set in concrete, and enclosed with chicken wire and deer-fencing. It looks like a stockade. What's worse is its June and not everything is planted. There are 60 year old men that if I told that to would have a fit. "what!!, tarnation ya might as well not grow anything!!". Screw it - I'm still planting, and if next Fall is typical, we can harvest till November. So this has been a lot of work. But not unpleasant. Danno and I have had a really good time doing it. Felt good to build something substantial ourselves.

Then we had friends visit for a long Memorial Day weekend. Which was great. Part of me re-charges whenever I see them, get to talk to them, drink with them. I love them. Both like brother and sister. And I adore their little girl. And she seems to like me too. But I did the hostess thing a bit too much, cleaned, cooked constantly, wore myself out. Then the night before they leave I get my period. 7 days early. Which means we missed it completely. It did not help that'd I'd been around a baby for three days. Or that they left behind their Ikea Highchair which they've now just given us and sits as a huge icon to my infertility. So I held it together till they left. Then later that day while working on the garden I just broke down, started crying and asked D if we could just take a break. I laid down and slept like the dead in the middle of the day. I felt so tired. And sad. And it's taken me like two weeks to get out of it. I felt tired everyday. Which doesn't help as exhaustion is a sign of pregnancy, which I of course was mulling over in my head, even though I knew I couldn't be.

It was also the end of the month at work, so I was too busy to post. And to be honest, I didn't even read my friends blogs till today. I just didn't feel like it. But I obviously got the urge today to catch up. I've posted things below into categories. Making up for like a month's worth, so there is a LOT - photos too!!. Now I can get back to just posting a little blurb here and there.

So "hi" - I'm back.