Tuesday, August 02, 2005

April the theif

Every morning after I feed her breakfast, I let April outside. She has time to go walk-about before we leave for work. Since it's warm out, I just leave the door open for her to come and go. This morning, as I was getting ready, I walked thru the living room and looked over at her on her dogbed. She's sitting there gnawing on a huge, flavored rawhide bone. And her nose is all scratched up and she's got dirt under her paws. Somehow she has figured out where our neighbor's dog "Newt" has been burrying his bones, and stealing them from him. Last week she drug home a huge bone. Like a beef knuckle or something. She really was dragging it along it was so big. It's funny cuz she's so proud of herself, but then we have to take it away from her. She can't eat the whole thing at once. But she seems to be getting better at this. I feel bad for the neighbors dog.