Tuesday, August 23, 2005

okedy dokey then....

This morning I stumbled upon this headline:
Robertson calls for assassination of Chavez, then clicked to read a bit further...thinking, 'what the hell?.......

Here's what he said:“You know, I don’t know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we’re trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it,” Robertson said. “It’s a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... and I don’t think any oil shipments will stop.”

Huh? uh...I thought Christian meant you don't kill people, isn't it a commandment? Or wait, if I have "Special Forces" take out the chic in the cubicle next to me let's say, does that mean I still go to heaven, because I didn't actually do it? How is rhetoric like this any different from any other extremist religious zealot saying "We shall kill -insert name- in the name of -insert religious deity? Oh wait, cuz it's Christians. And we're better, whiter, and gosh darn it, people like me. Holy crap, is this what the
Christian Coalition of America is preaching to people? Defending our Godly Heritage? To me that is scary. Right up there with the Crusades. Where in the Bible does it say "... and then you get the biggest part of that continent, I've set it aside just for you" Yes, I get that our founding fathers built our country with good values based on beliefs in god and country. But it was also based on escaping religious persecution. Didn't any of these people watch the School House Rock "the Great American Melting Pot?". Hello. Mother Earth to this idiot. We all have to live on this big blue marble. And yes, I know the other religions want to kill the infidels. I just think ideas like this are scary. The next big world war will be over religion. It's just wacked to hear someone who's a "Christian leader" calling for the assasination of someone. You know US news always shows terrorists making threats on tv, in their country do they show stuff like this and say "see!?"

Who' right, who's wrong, don't know. Just don't like this guy at all. Hat's off to the guys at SouthPark for making them look like idiots. Marklar.