Wednesday, November 09, 2005

still going to London

Talked to my girlfriend last night, the one that's taking me to London with her. Found out a few more details. When I get there I'm going to stow my gear at the airport and go into town for the day, then they'll pick me up at the airport. We're staying at her husband's parent's place in High Wycombe. Which sounds and looks cute to me, but she said it's horrid. From there we'll go in and out of town and sight-see, etc.

I'm excited to get to go in by myself the first day. That way I won't embaress them as I take a million photos and run from one place to the next cuz I'll want to see as much as possible.

I've got the Tube line almost memorized by now. What ticket I need to buy is a whole other story. There seems to be endless types for every combination of days and hours.

The weather should be interesting to deal with as well. I've been told to make sure I take an umbrella. But it sounds like it's been warmer than usual there. On the other hand if you look at Jerome's blog and the photos from when he visited last month, it looks like it was sunny every single day they were there. Lucky!! Looks and sounds like they had a great trip. Next time I want to go longer and take D. Even now I wish there was a way he could go.