Friday, April 07, 2006

Friends visit

Our friends from DC came in last weekend with their little girl. We had a good visit. We didn't do a whole lot, but just relaxing and hanging out together is always a good thing with these guys. Their little girl and Ned - well, they got along ok. Ned was at her constantly, and she quickly learned to tell him "no!" At one point she started to cry...he had her by the butt of her pants pulling her backward. Another time poor thing was doing the open-mouth-no-sound-yet scream because he had her hand in his mouth and was tuggin on it pretty hard. They wiped each other out playing.

Saturday afternoon G and I took P to the playground. We do have nice playgrounds around here. We were there for a bit when a van pulls up and a whole troop of 14-16 year old girls roll out with their baby strollers. Nice. We had on jackets and they all had t-shirts on. They then commenced to swing on the sets and do down the slides. Basically "play" like the kids they are. The girls were from the local Home for Unwed/Teen Mothers. Not Fing fair. I can't wait til later in life I find out why this is happening to me. Anyways, we then went to lunch at a local establishment/tradition. Coleman's Fish Market in Center Market. The market used to be a real market, actually even a slave market at one point. As a kid my mom and grandma took me there to get our produce, egss, cheese, etc. A big long covered, open-air market with tons of stalls and everything you could imagine being sold. No it's covered, and it's not as busy as it used to be. Only a few vendors now, and an artists market of sorts. But they still have Coleman's Fish. The sandwich's there are great. A huge portion of white fish, between two slices of soggy white wonder bread. It doesn't sound it, but it's delicious.

We had my parent's up for dinner with everyone Sat night. I don't know what happens, but everytime I have them up for dinner, I get everything ready, say dinner is a say 5, and we don't eat for 2 hours. I need to work on getting everything timed out better. Then we just stayed up and talked, and our friends left around