Friday, April 07, 2006

Movies and TV

Family Guy

I had no idea how many people in the television industry hated "The Family Guy". D and I have always liked it and thought it was pretty damn funny. But D found this article, which leads to this article. I tried to stay awake to watch the South Park where they bashed FG, but I fell asleep. It seemed kinda boring, but it's a two-parter. I have a chance to catch the end. I don't know though... I love South Park, and I can see where they're coming from. Especially if things like Stewie are blatantly stolen ideas...but this all can kind of sound like they are just whining because another adult cartoon is getting some attention. Yes, most of SP has a point to it, but sometimes it does just ramble on, like the weeks there wasn't a national/international incident to spoof on. And to be honest, I don't give two shits. I'll watch both and laugh.

BTW - I didn't realize Wikipedia was so full of detailed info on everything.

X-Men A Final Stand
The other day I was watching TV and out of nowhere the Trailer for the next X Movie came on. I've been too busy at work to keep up with movie trailers like I could when surfing could be called "research". So I hadn't even heard these were out. I'm sure it's on Apple, but here's a link at IMBD for the two new trailers. I'm not a comic geek, so I no, I don't know the character minutia details, or backstories, I'm only in it for the movies. Which I really dig for some reason. Most likely because Wolverine is a hotty. (but ever notice how Hugh Jackman isn't? when you see him without the facial hair, he's goofy lookin) Well, and truth be told, I've always had a thing for Jean-Luc.



LOST
The shows been so good lately I dread the upcoming season finale. There's a ton of LOST refernce sites out there, so I won't bother listing any, but
here's the site I reference the most after watching a show. Again, I've been too busy this week to read up on this Wed episode. It was good, but even though they concentrated on Hurley, I can't wait til they get Gale to open up more. Let Sayid finsih torturing his ass. Next week is Rose and Bernhard's backstory..that should be intersting.