Thursday, May 25, 2006

Da Code

We went and saw the DaVinci Code last Friday. After 30 minutes of commercials and previews, it finally started. D hasn't read the book, I have, but a year ago. Which was good because I had forgotten some of the details, made it more interesting for me. I would have to say it was really enjoyable. D really liked it, thought it was very entertaining, good thriller. Jean Reno and Ian McKlellen stole the film though. Everyone who is saying the role was wrong for Tom Hanks is correct. Plus he totally overacted it. I loved the imagery and the way the movie was filmed. Killed me to see all the places I didn't get to go in London last December.

The ending was a bit weak, and they added some dialogue that to me just seemed to be pandering to the masses to keep everyone happy. It didn't fit at all and really seemed added on.

But overall I'd give 4 stars out of 5.