Thursday, June 15, 2006

Dang what a good day!

I am just having SUCH a good day! Like - DAMN!! What a good day kind of day.
(please please please knocking on wood I just didn't jinx myself)
Last night at one point I literally felt my back relax and the pain went away. Right now it doesn't hurt at all. Hoping that it's just gone on its own. And that when I start doubling my glucophage tonight it doesn't come back. I still haven't had any of the standard side-effects so far, but I did have quite a rumbling tummy after I had curry for lunch today.

Reasons I'm having such an awesome day:
• went on a photo shoot this morning and for once actually got to work in real 'art director' capacity overseeing the shoot. It was for our local Easter Seals chapter. The photographer was a great guy, very talented. Also enjoyed working with the EA marketing girl. But it was the kids that made it so much fun. So sweet and cute. All ages, all ability levels. We were trying to get them to hold there arms out wide and say "Sooooo big!" Some would, some wouldn't...but several wouldn't stop once they got going. One little guy just walked around saying "cheese!" all morning. What a good feeling to work with the munchkins.

• having conversation with the photographer and using actual design speak with someone who got it, and talking with him about London, museums, tube etc.

• that yummy curry I had for lunch

Listening - make that reading - the World Cup matches while I work today - and then England winning!! Nothing like leaving it to the very end and scaring us, but they did pull two goals out in the last few minutes. I wish I had seen Crouch's goal...he's such a freak. Human walking stick. But he's great! I've got my World Cup bracket up in my cube, and keeping track of how my picks are doing. Not bad so far!

• Virgin Radio playing great post-match songs to keep the spirits up
• it's payday
• hanging out after work with a girlfriend
• nice 'heyhowyadoing' call from T