Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Make that waiting in pain....

I've had a major non-stop ache in my lower back and hip since Saturday. It started right before the IUI. As of tomorrow I'll have been on Glucophage for a week. Tomorrow I'm supposed to up the dose. I really think this is what is causing the aches. It isn't listed as a side-effect - major stomach and 'bowel' disruption/eruptions are supposed to be the side effect with a few people experiencing stomach cramps. So nothing official online states it, but I read in several forums of people experiencing back pain. When I stopped by the Doctor's office today to pay for Saturday's IUI, I asked the nurse about it. She just said she'd never herad of it, but we could stop the glucophage and see...great. Then what if if doesn't take or I miscarry? No, I'd rather stay on it. I said i hadn't actually taken anything for it. She said it was ok to take advil or tylenol. (which I thought was odd, aren't y ou only sposed to take tyelenol when preg?) So I went home and took 3 advil. It cut the pain in half, but seems to be getting better. I just hope it doesn't get worse once I start taking two pills day. Even scarier is that I'm supposed to go up to 4 pills.