Friday, August 25, 2006

Dr. Update

Sooooooooo....

I went to the Dr. Thursday morning.

I know I was worried about my blood test results, but I guess I didn't realize how tense: I woke up with one of the worst headaches I've ever had. It was right above my jaw and ear. I must have been grinding my teeth all night. My neck muscles, down my shoulders, even the top of my head hurt. I took 2 advil, drank a cup of coffee, which I've been off of for months, and then took a Tylenol. It finally went away.

You know how in movies you see patients meet Doctors in their offices when it's to discuss results, or learn they've got cancer? I don't think that actually happens in real life. I had to go to the normal patient room and sit on the extra chair while he sat on the wheelie stool. But that was ok, I didn't mind, it was just something I thought of later. ANYWAYS, the first thing he said was that my blood work was fine. As of this test - I've got good eggs. Meaning I've still got a good reserver and they're of good quality. As best they can tell from that test anyways.

We went over everything we've been doing, and long story short - he said if it were he and his wife, he'd continue on with the IUI's. Most affordable method, and that we may need to do as many as 5-6. He's really nice, very understanding. I really like our Doctor. He's got a good, dry sense of humor too. Said fertility is the hardest thing he has to work with, and not get discouraged or give up. So we'll start again next week with scans and a third IUI.

I just wish I could have my memory erased after each procedure so I don't think about it for two weeks. Just have D remember to say 'hey, maybe you should take a pregnancy test". That way too, when I get my period it wouldn't be a big deal, just another period. They should work hypnosis into the therapy.