Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ned at the Party



Here is a picture of Ned at the engagement party last weekend. That's us with Lee 'n Jon, our friends from Roanoke. Lee is in love with Ned. I had to check her luggage before she left to make sure she didn't take him.

You can see the stage set up behind us. It was on a flatbed trailer. The used old billboard vinyls I gave them to create a canopy, and put up twinkle lights. It actuallyy looked cool. Very hillbilly.

The band,
GreenSky Bluegrass, was great. I'd only heard their cd once before we went. They were alot of fun and really included the audience in everything. The did a cover of a Journey song that was pretty funny. They seemed to really dig Ned as well. They asked what his name was from the stage, then yelled out "Ned, where's the squirrel!?" Then made over him during their break.

He got lots of attention at the party. He also gave lots of attention at the party. There were a LOT of dogs there. All on leashes. Almost all spayed females. My dog is a horndog. He would not leave the girls alone. It was embarassing. Even worse was one female dog, Dixie. She kept backing her butt up into his face. We watched her do it several times! In the end I had to pick him up and walk around with him. He'd collapse in my arms, but at soon as I got tired and put him down, he'd lunge right for another girl.

The party was a great time. Out on Ridge No 2 in Marshall County, WV. It was a beautiful night. Preceded by a nasty thunderstorm that had horizontal rain, thunder, lightening, the works. We had about 4 of those picnic, easy up, cover tent things. People had to hold on to them while we were under them for cover or they would have taken off in the wind. It was crazy windy. But it was also a lot of fun. As soon as it stopped, the food was ready, everyone dug in, and the band started their second set. We got to see a lot of good friends and laughed a lot. I needed that. That's a big ol glass of sangria in my hand. I thought I would have drank a lot more, but I didn't. That's really all I had. I'm glad we went, it was a great time. And our friends had a great party to celebrate their upcoming wedding.