Thursday, August 10, 2006

What has been keeping me so busy this summer....Baby StuffIUI number one didn't work. Which was ok. Not unexpected being the first one. It wasn't for naught though, we found out a lot of info during all the scanning, etc. That was June. We had to skip July as we were out of town when we could have tried. This past Sunday we had our second IUI completed. We're feeling better and better about it. I've been on glucophage the entire time, and it seems to have made a difference. Everything (follicles and lining) were in much better shape for this time around. I just have a good feeling about it in general. Something else that has made it all more bearable...we found out that our insurance is actually paying towards our scans as diagnostic. Even a little bit of help is great - considering we were planning on it all being out of pocket.

How about a friend emailed me some info about PCOS, she's had to deal with it as well. She told me to drink lots of water as it will dehydrate you and your kidneys/back will hurt. How come she knew this but my doctor's office looked at me like I was nuts, and didn't say anything about it? It went away, but at least now I know what it was from. I do drink lots of water though, so that's good.

The waiting part is bad. I try not to think about any of it. Then I spend more time trying not to think about how many days I have until I would get my period. 10 days btw. So I've started, well actually decided to get off my butt and FINISH a project to keep me busy. A YEAR ago I started wall hanging/mural for my friends kids room. I got it sewn and the background painted. The animals have been all sketched out on paper the entire time. I have books of animal images, a book on how to draw animals. I have tons of paint, brushes, etc. I just never had the desire to get going on it again. To be honest, I think I was worried I'd start and just F it up. So I dove right into it Monday. It looks freakin awesome if I do say so myself. It's a safari, so it shows the grasslands with Kilimanjaro in the background. Giraffe, ostrich, lion, rhino, elephant, gazelle,zebra and cape buffalo. So far the ostrich, zebra, and gazelle are done. The Rhino is almost finished, just need to detail his face. Tonight it's the giraffe and the elephant. They aren't cartoonish, but they also aren't super realistic. Somewhere in between. I'm trying to get it done by Friday. If not, then I have to move the project to the basement to complete it. Dan wants to start tearing up the bedroom to finally remodel it. New paint job, paint the trim white, new doors, new carpet, new light fixture. Buying the carpet has been what's kept us from doing it. It's expensive.

I need to post pics of the garden. I think it looks great, D thinks we've had a poor harvest. We've probably picked 12 dozen cucumbers so far. And three big bowls full of peas. The beans didn't do that great, and the tomatos are late. We'll have a ton of 'mater's, but they are only just now ripening up. We've been fighting the cuc beetle ongoing. One zuchini plant has sucumbed. The remaining plant and the two squash seem ok. The cucumber plants look like they're starting to get a bit of wilt though. The eggplant are just now starting to show fruit. We didn't get a second harvest from the everbearing strawberries like we expected. The carrots and onions are doing great. So are the herbs. And my favorite - we've got 5 pumpkins so far. Expecting more by fall.

Around the house we haven't done as much - ok - NO landscaping like I wanted to. I haven't had a ton of energy this summer. I'm wondering if it's the glucophage. But we painted the deck, looks lots better.

And of course we've got Ned. He's been great. Such a good boy. He's pretty much house trained. He does have an occasional accident in his crate. And the other night he pee'd by the door. But it was right in frontof the door - so he knows to go to the door. He basically gets to run around outside as much as he wants. I seriously need to work on walking him with a leash. He's ok, but doesn't do it often enough. He still freaks out at little things. Like if something is in the yard or driveway that wasn't there the last time he went thru, he will freak out howling and growling at it until someone comes and shows him it's ok. He still loves his teddy, His new thing though isn't fetching it. He brings it to you because he wants you to swing him around on it while he holds on with his teeth. We do it so he's toes are just touching the ground so he doesn't fall far when he lets go. His tail is wagging like crazy the entire time he's going around.

I really, really, really need a vacation. I wanted to go to the beach so badly. For a full week, sat to sat. Not just a few days. Doesn't look like we'll get to. Even if we can go someplace just for a weekend it would be good. I need a get-away mini break weekend at least. Use up our Marriot points.

We've had lots of people come and stay with us this summer. This coming weekend is our first free weekend in a long time. We're just staying home and trying to enjoy our house in its summer glory while it's still summer. Fall is almost here. I'm already thinking about Oglebayfest and fall sweaters.