Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Absinthe Green

This is what I'm going to name the color of the room now, as it's apparently making me crazy. I went and bought a new gallon of paint in yet a different shade of minty sage green. Slapped a two foot square sample on the wall, waited for it to dry, and decided I hated the new color - actually quite like the original green. This could be the first time in my life I've had problems picking out paint color. And I've painted a LOT of rooms. Very frustrating. But I do think I like what we've got now. Pretty sure. We'll see.

Last night I put one coat on all the trim work, need to put a second quick coat on tonight. We're also hoping to start laying the floor down tonight as well. I felt really good, listening to music, had a few sips of a beer (need to buy O'Douls tonight) was painting away. Around 10 pm though I got really sick to my stomach. Hope this is a good sign. I had to lay down on the cold basement floor while I watched Dan chisel out the hardware notches on the new doors. It eventually went away.