Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Tired of thinking about it

Ever since Saturday I just feel tired. I've been really busy, at work and at home. Which is good, keep me occupied, but my face feels tired, my head feels tired. All I think about constantly in the back of my mind is all the fertility issues. I went and had blood work drawn on Monday. It's the cycle day 3 set of blood work tests. They test my FSH and Estradiol levels. The FSH should be low. If it's high it means my "good" egg count is low and my ovaries have to work harder to produce more FSH to get them to drop. (that's a very basic description)

I go tomorrow morning to talk to the Dr. about the test results and what to do next. I wish Dan could go but he has training to give that morning. I just hope the Dr. doesn't say I have bad eggs. I guess it's a pretty small chance, I'm not that old, but still, I'll worry about it until I talk to him.

Oh, btw, the woman who drew my blood, was a bitch. You walk into a small waiting room with no windows to another room or monitoring system. There is one door to another room marked "Lab", with a sign on it that says "Do Not Knock". There doesn't appear to be any means for the person in the lab to realize there is anyone waiting in the "waiting" room. No bells went off or anything when you walked in. The lab door opens, and the Lab Lady points to the older gentleman waiting ahead of me. She can't see me where I'm sitting so I say, "by the way, I'm here as well." Very pleasantly. "So which one of you is first!?" I said, "He is, I just wanted you to be aware I was here". 15 minutes later he comes out, she motions me in. Says not one word to me, other than "make a fist". Takes my blood, I get up, walk out. I realize she may not be exstatic to work in a tiny windowless room, by herself, doing nothing but drawing blood. But it doesn't make me feel any more comfortable about how the blood is being tested. I hope she's just the labor, and not the brains.