Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Big Ouch

Sunday we had our third IUI procedure done. First time - no pain. Second time, uncomfortable. So I was really unprepaired when once the procedure started it hurt like hell. It was a very brief pain, but almost peel me of the ceiling pain for a few seconds. Then I cramped afterwards a lot more than before. Memorable quotes from the PA who did the procedure:
• "maybe that's a good sign (the pain)
• "all it takes is one good sperm" (duh)
• "hopefully one will stop and ask for directions" (what?!)

I went home and slept for 3 hours. We ordered pizza and watched "V for Vendatta". Which I thought was a really good movie. We both did. Very enjoyable, good story. Hugo Weaving's voice and delivery was great. I liked that they never took his maks off. D said just one more movie that proves Natalie Portman is a good actress and that the script and directing in Star Wars was deplorable.

To continue taking it easy, I woke up Monday and watched "MatchPoint". What an awful movie. The main character is horrible, the actor is such a feminine, pouty, seemingly vain guy. I've seen him before, but I really detested him in this. Maybe that was the point. The whole movie was about infidelity and murder. Not exactly calming to the nerves. Thought it would be better. blech.

Then later that night I made a huge pot of curry and we watched the Star Trek marathon. It was the final two-part episode of NG. Actually the whole weekend was a Trek marathon. And a CSI marathon. Awful to admit that I watched a lot of both over the weekend. Or had it on in the background while I did chores or worked around the house. My favorite NG episode is "Inner Light". It's probably not good that 1) I have a favorite 2) I know it's name 3) think that the idea of a Prime Directive, if we ever actually needed it, is a great concept.

At some point over the weekend we also watched "Munich". Not the greatest uplifting list of movies huh? It was good, but neither D nor I really liked it. It started out historical then went nowhere. It felt like the whole purpose of the movie was some political agenda on Spielburg's part. It wasn't unbiased. Even the bit they added to maybe show the Palestinian view, still seemed biased. Overall, wasn't that great a movie. Thought "Syriana" was a far better film on chaos in the middle east.

Apart from having the IUI and watching movies, we didn't do much this weekend. Just took it easy. D played golf with dad, I puttered about and cooked, ran a few errands. So now once again - we wait for two weeks to see if I get my period. Like I said, doing my best this time not to think about it so much.