Thursday, December 14, 2006

37 days is the apparent limit

Kind of having a miserable day today. My cycles are all messed up. Last month it was a 21 day cycle, this month it was 37 days. When we decided to just drop everything and try to quit worrying about getting pregnant, we also figured I should get off of the glucophage. I was only on it to begin with because the Dr. thought 'might as well'. I guess between being off that and my accupuncture, my hormones are out of synch. What sucks though is when 32 days went by with no sign, we took a test. It was negative, which we pretty much expected. But then yesterday was 36 days and still nothing. We thought there might be a chance we tested too early, so we were going to test again this weekend. Until I got my period this morning. Day 37. Sucks. I knew I wasn't pregnant, it's just it sucks when your body decides to f with you. I was really looking forward to all the money I was going to save at Christmas this year in presents. Everyone was just going to get a gift box with a note inside that said we were pregnant. Now I actually have to buy gifts...grrrrr.... hate to shop.

And I had been putting off calling the clinics this month. I'll start calling later to have them send info. We're comparing Columbus to Pittsburgh.

Oh well. At least we know now for this month and can get on with shopping, decorating and celebrating Christmas. I'm really, really, really looking forward to it this year with our friends coming to stay with us and my parents coming up and being with them as well this year. And as usuall, getting my period means I get to drink a nice big glass of wine tonight.