Monday, October 23, 2006

zziiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggggggg

Whoa!
Just got back from my second visit to the accupuncturist. (that is such a long, hard word to type) This time I layed on my back. One in my head, two in each wrist, one in each ankle, one in each foot arch, & in-between the toes - but then she put three in a line down from my belly-button to above my pubic bone. whoa. As soon as she put the first one in I felt something like an electric pulse shoot out of my belly down my left leg. Then the next two the same strong electric pulse, but it felt like I had to pee. TMI - sorry. But it really felt like it was doing something. Weird, warm feeling. Then when she came in to twist the needles "to stimulate them" the same weird pulsing feeling. The one in my left arch still tingles. She said it was good - that was the sensation she was looking to achieve.

She also talked a bit more about an article she just read from Germany. More and more practices, including Pittsburgh, are incorporating Accupuncture with their IVF treatments. It's increasing the success rates about 20%. That's a lot. Especially when you consider how cheap AP (there, that's easier) is compared to IVF. Might as well do anything to make it work. We're not doing IVF, but it can't do anything but help our IUI's.


I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I am really hungry right now. And I already ate lunch. Oh, and I've got the little dots again. This time in my right ear. A bit harder to deal with as that's my phone ear. Have to remember to switch ears to use the phone.

This whole trip to try and get pregnant just gets stranger and stranger. I've also eliminated dairy products and wheat. And most alcohol except a bit of red wine on the weekends. As much as I love cheese, I miss the alcohol more. But it's really not that hard to give up. When ever I think about wanting something, I just think about all the time & money I've/we've spent trying, then it's easy to turn away from the giant glass of cabernet.