Saturday, September 30, 2006

Off to Baton Rouge, La

I've worked past 7 all week, and right now it's 6:05 on Sat and I'm at the office. It's been busy at work, but it's been extra busy because I'm going to be gone three days next week. It never fails, any time I have to leave it seems like I suddenly have so many extra things to do on top of my normal workload. But I'm really looking forward to the trip.

It's a design conference for all the Art Directors from all the plants across the country. About 180 people. Corp is doing it as a way to give us a break, get to meet each other, and decompress. While we have several great speakers lined up - diff CCreative Directors from big city agencies coming in to talk. As well as lots of break out sessions. I'm actually co-leading one. Very excited about that. I'll also find out if I made the cut for a national corporate design team. It would be a big deal for me. Extra money and chance to actual work on exciting projects, while working with other designers for a change. Not sure what my chances are of making it.

There's going to be lots of eating and drinking though -lots of southern hospitality. A fish fry one night and a cajun dinner the next. I think it's going to be a really good time. All the other AD's have been emailing each other all last week about it. It will be nice to put faces with names on email.

In other news -started a new yoga course this morning. Its concentrated on posture and opening up your hips. It's a 6 week two hour class. So far I really liked it. And I'm taking it with a friend which is nice for a change.

More interesting though is my appointment next week. I'm going to see a traditional chinese medicine accupunturist. (yes EM, finally taking your advice, been meaning to email you about it in more detail) More on this later, but it all started with this
book I picked up.

Gotta go meet D for wings for dinner. Back next Thursday!