Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The day after

Last night we went out to dinner with some friends, another couple. Jodi and I lived together for 2 years after I got divorced in '98. Her and her husband are always a lot of fun, so dinner was a constant struggle to eat and drink without choking or spitting it out. We ate at the Union Grill in Washington, Pa.

Right when we pulled up, we had just missed a big car crash at street intersection. We got there right as the ambulance, police and firetrucks pulled up. One car was missing it's back end, the other car had driven up and along the sidewalk and hit a tree. Looked pretty bad.

We had potstickers for apps, then D and I had steak salad. The steak was a bit like shoe leather. Not the best I've had. The company made up for the food. Somewhere in the restaurant where I couldn't see her, there was an older lady, singing. She was with a group of girlfriends and it must have been someone's b-day, becuase she kept singing in that hi-pitch, watery, older woman voice. Like six times. I was afraid they were going to get her to come over and sing to me!

Overall it was a nice day. I got a call from Kim in England - yay! Great to hear her voice. (I'm going to have to get Skype hooked up by Feb) I got lots of cards and Jodi got me a pretty necklace. I didn't get the X-Men dvd I so badly wanted, (the dig had to come) but I'll wait and get that online cheaper.

Tonight it's grocery shopping, cook a curry and watch Lost. Tomorrow night is a "Pampered Chef" party at Jodi's. I never buy anything, she knows this - why do I need a $25 garlic press? But it's fun to go. Friday I leave work early for an overnight in Columbus, Ohio with two girlfriends at Easton Town Center. I do a lot of window shopping and carrying their bags. I can't keep up with them with all the buying - it's crazy.

It's also supposed to get down to 50 degrees during the day Friday - with a chance of FLURRIES!! It's still October!! It's 70 today. This is people-get-sick kind of weather.

That's it for today. I may not post again until next Monday - have a great weekend!