Friday, December 01, 2006

Hello December

where did November go? I've either been busy or not interested in posting lately. Here's what's up in life in a brief, bulleted overview:

• for no reason I have the song 'Birthday" (Bjork/Sugarcubes) in my head. I had this on tape. I really like her voice and one of these days I want to get the soundtrack to the weird indy flick she was in

• been in a really good mood. Due primarily to saying "fuck it" for awhile to the fertility stuff. (again) Had a bit of an emtotional breakdown mid-November. Our 4th IUI didn't take, and had this feelingof let's hurry up and just get another one done. Brokedown, re-thought it. Decided to take a few months off of thinking about it at all. Also what my accupunturist told me to do. Still staying on my no wheat/sugar/dairy diet - but did take up drinking again. I missed the red wine. Made up for it over Thanksgiving.

• skipping the local Dr. and will be researching whether to go to Ohio State University in Columbus or Magee Women's Hospital in Pittsburgh for a Reproductive Endocrinologist.

• Thanksgiving in Philly was great! Had very relaxing days with D's family. His mom had so much food it kept falling out of the fridge. She fed us well! Played street hocky with the kids and went to see "Happy Feet". Baba - it was as cute as it looks in the previews. Great upbeat soundtrack as well.

• highlight of holiday was my brother-in-law hooking us up with free tickets to see The Who. I've always wanted to see them. Had a huge crush on Daltrey in High School. Had a few of his less then great solo albums. Damn he's still hot for a 60-something. But they sounded great. And really friggin loud! great stage show/graphics as well. Heard all the songs I wanted to hear.

• Little Ned is doing great. gave up on crating him at night. He now sleeps in bed with us. He never has an accident when he sleeps with us - but always pees in his crate at night. He hates it I think. He got a bath at 10 pm last night. Was covered in deer poop. Roll alllllll around in it. gross.

• going to Roanoke this wknd to visit Lee and Jon. Saw them last at 4th of July. They're in the process of adopting a little girl f/ China. I'll have to find their blog and link it at some point. Really looking forward to visiting, just wish it wasn't another 5 hour drive. But it will be fun. They have a city market square that is very European and is filled with people, shops, lots going on. They do a "Dickens" of a Christmas with Mulled wine stands, chestnuts roasting, etc. should be cool.

• as soon as we get back I've got to clean the house for Christmas and start decorating. And we'll get our tree next week as well. And shop. Not sure what I'm going to do about holiday food this year. I can eat a cheeseball by myself usually. Going to be hard to avoid dairy and wheat for awhile. I'll just drink more wine....

• planning on starting an offical office in the house first of the year for a freelance business for myself. I've been getting more and more work lately and got a permanent gig that will be a nice steady side income. Might as well get all the tax breaks we can from it.

• Pics - have a bunch to post - just haven't been inspired to. Maybe i will when we get back from Virginia.

• this time last year I was excited and getting ready for my trip to England. I would love to be able to go there around Christmas every year. Can't wait til we go this year - just not sure when. Late spring early summer hopefully.

So there's the update!