Friday, March 09, 2007

The Monkey's off my back

Here are two pics of the wall hanging I've been working on FOREVER. If I actually added up the hours I worked on it - it probably would have only taken me about 2 weeks to complete if I had just sat and finished it. But I only worked on it in spurts, so it dragged out over almost three years. It started as wanting to create something for my friends kids to hang in their room, that they could take with them. They usually move around a lot and needed something decorative and mobile.

I ended up being really pleased with the final results. And everyone has made such a fuss over it, that I'm going to do two more this spring - smaller wall hangings, and actually get them done quickly. I was thinking about trying to get several done - maybe 6-10 different scenes, and maybe creating a website to see if I get any nibbles. Apparently parents buy stuff like this for kids rooms and people charge a fortune for it. The next design is going to be a tall, skinny design of a cross-section of the ocean, showing all the sea life, for yet another friends nursery. I'll keep you updated on how this goes.