Thursday, November 11, 2004

Critter Control

Wow, it’s been almost two weeks since I last posted. Sorry! Work and home have both been busy. The problem is I go in early and stay late at work, then have no desire to look at the computer when I get home. And last weekend was too lovely to be inside. Spent it either working on the yard, finding any excuse to drive the riding mower around – or sitting in incredibly great seats at the Steelers vs. Eagles game. Incredible seats to watch an incredible ass-whoopin of the Eagles by the Steelers. D was quite dejected. He recovered from the loss and hang-over by Tuesday night though.

So on to the title – critter control. We need some at work! Not only has it bee really busy, but it’s been REALLY STINKY. Some poor little, or maybe big by the smell – animal seemingly has decided to use a cubicle as a sarcophagus. It has reeked for over a week and we can not find where it’s coming from. It’s got to be in the cubicle wall. We tried burning candles and incense, but then it just smelled like strawberry-patchouli covered mouse carcass.

We used to see one every so often, but since the first frost, they’ve all found a way inside. Tuesday afternoon we saw one running around. Then later that evening I stayed late, one ran into my cubicle, stopped, sat-up, looked at me, then ran out. They are so damn cute! Tiny little things with huge ears. I think they are either Deer Mice or White-footed mice. I hate that we have to trap them. But if they keep dying and stinking the place up, not to mention all the droppings – it gets to be a health issue. Well, even later that night I heard one get caught in a trap. The traps are sticky pads they run on and get caught. Then they squeal – it’s horrible. Last night there were THREE caught in traps, and still alive. I hate it. But they must be everywhere if we’re catching that many.