Monday, December 27, 2004

Had a Great Christmas!

It's already Monday. Our holiday is flying by but it's been great.

Last Thursday we went out to a tiny little Italian restaurant for dinner - Bella Via. Lots of shlocky atmosphere and wonderful homemade spaghetti and meatballs. Afterwards at our house we had our family gift exchange. After my folks left we finished laundry, dishes, packing, all the chores to leave before we opened our presents. Damn did I make out this year. Usually I go overboard for him, but I hid the credit cards and for once only bought what I could afford. He bought me way too much. Starting with the box-o-socks. I had a box filled with14 socks. I said I really needed socks - he believed me. I also got 2 DVD's, 3 books and a bunch of bath and body stuff. Santa brought us Return of the King, Extended.

We left bright and early Fri. for Philly. We got here at 3 - went to Christmas eve mass with his mom, dad and brother. Other than being decorated for Christmas - it was a really unmoving, bland Christmas mass. Went out to find the Christmas spirit at the local tavern and to see some of D's childhood friends.


Christmas day the entire family was here by 2 I think. 10 adults and 3 kids. I love that. It was so loud and boisterous. Music going, wine flowing, gift paper everywhere, everyone talking. I'm so used to it just being me and mom and dad most of the time. (my brother living so far away). We had roast with yorkshire pudding, and three pies, more wine. My stomach is still rebelling from all the rich food. Diet and exercise start as soon as we get back. Jeans are getting snugggg.

Last night me, D, his brother, his girlfriend, D's sister, husband and the kids went down to the Philly pier area to the outdoor icerink. I've got pictures to post from the new digital camera D's mom got us. I said a cheap under $100 model would be fine. She got us a really nice, higher quality than we need Olympus. I feel bad. She really spent too much. But it's an awesome camera. Next year she can't spend this much. Get us socks. Tonight we're meeting D's friends out to watch the Eagles game. Tomorrow we go see a minor league hocky game, Wed. we go into NYC for the day, Thursday I hope we just nap!!