Sunday, December 12, 2004

Lights and parties

We didn't actually get around to getting our Christmas tree till last night. The tree farm we went to is run by the same family my family has always bought our trees from. Tradition. They have a 200 year old barn and farmhouse that they operate out of. We took Grape-Ape with us and right when we got there it started to snow. Very Martha Stewart moment. We found an 8 foot Frasier Fir. It's perfect. But by the time we got it home, in the stand and in the house, we were both too tired to trim it that night. So this Sunday morning we're decorating. And I made banana-apple bread to nibble on for breakfast. This evening we're going to N's house for a holiday get-together with a few other couples. Really looking forward to it. I love seeing her girls. I'm hoping we can throw a small party at our house next Sat.

Friday night was my company's Christmas party. This year it was a lot of fun. We trade Secret Santa names and I got the new U2 cd. And some funky pens. It was nice to see everyone dressed up and enjoying themselves. And it's always great once everyone has a few in them and the lips loosen up. One idiot cutout early and on his way out the door said "Fuck this shit - I'm out of here". Maybe he didn't realize that was the bosses wife standing next to the door. Another fellow who is known for dropping the F bomb regularly, esp after a few, asked me what the deal was with my top, that it was inappropriate. Nice. I had on a pink cami on with a velvet shorty jacket. I mentioned that my husband seemed to think it look quite nice. Oh, and the office, well, slut for lack of better term, wore this crazy long blond hair extension. And a sweater with tons of maribout fur all over it. wow. A bunch of us went out for more drinks later and it was great to see our wonderful yet very subdued Office Manager get crazy and drink that ONE Banana Daiquiri. By the end of the night lots of nuggets of info and gossip had been thrown out and obtained. Well I have to go help D with the tree lights.