Friday, February 11, 2005

Let them eat cake...

if they could afford it.
With the end of January came the W2's. Something we look so forward to every year. We basically spend January planning how to spend our tax returns. Something to do to battle the post-holiday-cold-weather doldrums. But not this year. Some how, the year we buy a house and should have deductions GALORE, we're* figuring we owe? How the heck can this be? I hate taxes. I hate that the older I get, and the more "things" I own, the harder it is to keep them all straight. Oh the days when I made 20 grand and filed "single". We need to hurry up and procreate. Get that darn baby deduction! (I kid, I kid - I just want one cuz I want one)

And Happy Valentines weekend to y'all. Evening though it's Monday, I think most couples will celebrate this weekend. Someone asked me what our plans were for V-day. I said "Our long standing tradition of pizza and beer, preferably at a mom & pop restuarant". To which my friend said "I love your husband, he sets the bar so low for the rest of us". But this is our tradition, started when we lived in Rockville, awesome little pizza dive near our apartment.

No big plans for the weekend at the moment. And often times - those lead to the best weekends!

*means not me