Thursday, April 28, 2005

crazy dream


Whoa did I have a crazy dream last night! I dreamt that D and had to go back to Rockville for some reason, overnight. We still had the key to our old apartment so we went there to spend the night. It was one of those panic dreams where for some reason this seemed like a good idea at one point, but then as we're in the apartment, which at this point looks the same, yet different. The lighting was odd, like we hadn't turned any lights on and it was dusk out, maybe autumn. It was cold. I started panicking inside. D wasn't concerned at all. I was like "WHAT if the people that live here COME HOME!?! We have to get OUT of here!!" And the next second the door opens and in walks this couple with both sets of their parents with them, carrying tons of packages and a bunch of logs. We're like "uh...we used to live here..." Shaking their hands, introducing ourselves. I'm mortified, "so sorry, dont' know what we were thinking, we'll be out of here in a minute"... The whole time these people are just looking at us like, ok, let them leave and it will be ok. The parents are content to let the couple deal with us freaks as they begin to stack logs next to the fireplace, and make a fire - on the hearth next to the fake gas firelogs. A real fire inside. (what the hell am I dreaming?!?) So I'm trying to get our gear together to get out of there, and D goes to take a shower! I'm like what are you DOING!? I go in the bathroom to rush him along and I can hear the people whispering. It was horrible. I don't actually remember leaving the place.