Tuesday, June 21, 2005

No really, it's ok

Everything is finally planted in the garden, now it's just a matter of maintenance. Which means we can start on the next project, a front patio. (It never ends once you own a home) It was a beautiful weekend, gorgeous weather. I had a great Saturday morning at the stables. I got to lead out the first trail ride on PJ, and I helped squeeze in a quick pony ride before I left. The pony was really bad behaved. He bit me, stepped on me and knocked me into the fence, so I have a nice hole in my elbow now. The whole time the 5 yr old was screaming with delight "what a bad pony! yay!!!" I love seeing the little, little girls that are like "I'm FIVE!" " I LOVE Horses!" "My name is LYDIA!" We had two horses tied out front and she came running over "is this a boy or girl, are they married?, how old are they? what are their names? can I ride/pet/feed/hug/kiss him?" The rest of Saturday Danno & I took it easy for a change. Dad came over for dinner, and then we met a few people out later. The Smoking Ban on public places went into affect Friday night, so it was nice to go to the Alpha and not come home all smokey. There were less people there, but I think that will only last for awhile. They'll come back.

Sunday was Father's Day, so I went to church with my dad. I know it makes him happy and I actually like to go. This Sunday though, I almost thought I'd have to get up and leave. When I got there I was telling him about how my friend (more like a sister) who we've been dog sitting for stopped by the night before and picked up her dogs. She also told me she found out she's pregnant while they were on vacation. (This is the girl who has been soooo worried for me that she'd get pregnant again while we're still trying). So when she told me I really had to make her feel it was ok - I'm alright. She's so worried about making me feel bad. It didn't bother me at all that night, but for some reason when I told my dad at church, I started to get upset. Then the whole sermon was all about dad's, god only gives you what you can handle, blah, blah, blah. I think it was sitting there were I used to sit as a little girl, with my dad and grandparents, and thinking about how proud they were to have me there, and that I wish I had a little one to bring for my parentst to be proud of. I couldn't get out of their quick enough. Went home and bawled until I fell asleep. And then woke up to my period. Greeeaat. Happy Sunday to me. So I spent the rest of the day in the garden. That always helps. And later we got pizza and watched "Meet the Fockers", which was actually funny. Felt good to laugh out loud. I thought Barbara Streisand was pretty funny.