Saturday, July 09, 2005

Saturday Limbo

Saturday Morning, sitting here at my In-laws computer, basically whiling away some time. Proofed a few work jobs online, checked email, and read a bit more about the London bombings. Feel so bad about that. After Madrid last year, and now this, it's almost like next year will be Paris, or Berlin or Montreal. I read an acount from a lady that lived through the time of the IRA bombing's. She said there wasn't near the amount of media coverage, and that it seems to add to the hyteria if not create more. Probably. Still horrible no matter what. Especially the poor people who haven't heard from family members. It also seems inevitable that US rails will be targeted. The system in DC had cops all over it for a few days after Sept 11, then nothing.

"the perpatrators are either at large in the UK, at large abroad, or they're dead". Massively observant statement from member of the government at a press statement. I hate it when they say stupidly obvious crap like this. Just once I'd like to hear them say as of yet we have no idea, and fuck those bastards for doing it.

enough about that

At some point today we're heading to the shore for a big family birthday party at his Uncle's beach house. Easily 30 family members will be there with lots of kids. People will be stacked like wood on the floor to sleep, as it's a cottage and not a huge beach house. D's pretty wishy-washy about whether we're staying or coming back to his parents, then going back down. It's driving me nuts. I wish we'd just brought the tent to camp out in the yard. Other than the sleeping issue, I'm actually really looking forward to seeing all the family. His cousins are awesome. They all have great kids and for me - basically an only child - it's great to be around a big, loud, rowdy family.

Next year I want to rent a condo at Myrtle Beach and take my parents. (My brother and his family will never come up, god forbid they step in ocean water that isn't crystal clear..."why would we come all the way up there to go to the beach when we live in Florida"...because it's where Mom and dad love the beach and feel comfortable you ass.) So it would just be the fourof us. Unless maybe G&G could come. They've kind of become the closest thing to a brother and sister for me.

Well, enough rambling. I've now wasted enough time that it's my turn for the shower. Then head to the beach - I mean shore!!