Monday, July 18, 2005

A week's gone by and only just now getting to write.

We had a really nice time at the shore. This was officially the year I bought into the whole "Jersey Shore" experience. Having grown up going to Myrtle Beach, the Jersey Shore is completely different experience. The boardwalk running the length of the beach as far as you can see...beach tags...more hairy men with big gold chains and jewelry than you thought possible...being surrounded by NY accents...the Heights at night with all the rides and games...skeeball - I love it and I'd never heard of it! The area we stay at is a very bedroom beach community. So quiet, with bakeries, restaruants, beer stores, etc that you can walk to easily. Had a great time with Dan's family as well. Hated to leave when we did.

Other things going on in life...

Stopped my truck on the way to work in our 'hood to get out and help a Box Turtle across the road so he didn't get smushed. Cute little critter. A not so-cute little critter would be the hopefully-soon-to-be-dead racoons that dug out all my potted flowers while we were gone. All of them ruined. We bought a trap. Fing little rabies breaders.

Our garden went crazy while we were away. I've picked 6-7 big bowls of lettuce so far. Cuc's are growing crazy, as are the pumpkins, zuch's, watermellon and tomatos. Peppers, bean, peas and strawberries are very slow. But the garden looks great. Even better than I had hoped. Dan built me a trelis for the squash to grow up. He used branches so it looks rustic. I think I'd like one by the house now.

Our lawn tractor is officially dead. Dan's started looking for a new one. We need a bigger one so we don't kill the motor with all the use it gets. Dan just drools at the huge models when we go looking. We have no use for a back-hoe, but he'd loved to find an excuse to buy one.

I bought the new Harry Potter Saturday. I've only got a quarter left to read. So far it's been great. I think adults will like it more than kids though. Lots more relationship stuff in this one, but still as dark as the last one. And 200 pages shorter then "Order of the Phoenix".

The 2nd Annual DannOpen is this coming Saturday. We've got 11 guys coming to play in it. This started out as a surprise for Dan last year, but we want to keep it going and build on it every year. This year we're still doing shirts, but we want to add a few prizes as well.

Work's been fine. Sounds like we're going to be even busier next year and I might get to hire an assistant.

That's it for an update. Hopefully post some pics later this week.