Monday, January 23, 2006

"Diets"

I have been running almost everyday since Jan 1st. I've cut out alllll alcohol. I don't eat any sweets or add sugar to anything. I barely have caffeine, just about 1 cup of tea a day. I'm up to 2.25 miles running. So why am I not losing any weight?

I definitely feel a lot better. The stress release from running has been great. But it would be nice to lose a few pounds while I'm at it.

Keeping in mind that I don't want to lose tons of weight or exercise too aggressively. Things that work against fertility. So I've been checking on some diets. I didn't even look up the Zone, South Beach, Atkins, etc. I think the "Eat for your Type" has to be the dumbest diet idea so far. But I did look at the Sugar Buster and another one that had to do with GIm insulin and hormones. Focusing on these mostly because I had read that too much sugar in your diet can f with your hormones and affect fertility as well. At this point I think sneezing too hard effects your fertility. The Sugar Busters diet made sense. But I already eat close to what it says. I just need to drop out the last bit of caffeine. So I might try it for awhile. But I hate the idea of "diets" I know they should just be lifestyle eating changes. But I honestly don't have too much more room to navigate in the "eating healthy" arena. I also read about a "Fertility Diet" book. I need to add Yams and Pumpkin seeds. Hell, might as well.