Thursday, February 23, 2006

Wheeling, the Medical Black Hole

I slept horrible last night.
Up at 12, up at 2, up at 6. So I stayed home this morning to call the Dr's office. The nurse calls me back and says she's calling me in Fenergen. (spelled?) it's an anti-nausua drug. I know this cuz it's what they gave my mom alot for her stomach problems. ( a major side effect is depression go figure) anyways, I was like, uhhhh - really? And the nurse said yes, its what they prescribe for coughs, really gently, even give to children, blah, blah. I called N, and she was like what!? so she called her nurse - who said that's what they did like 30 years AGO. Welcome to Wheeling, the medical anomoly. So I had to call the nurse back and cajole her into giving me something with Codiene. I was like - don't they have something like Robitussin with Codeine? "not that I know of" Dear. Lord. I told her I KNOW Kroger's Pharm has it, could she at least try, please? I cough like I have TB, I just want to sleep. She begrudgingly said ok. I can't wait to get home and take it and pass out. Isn't that crazy? The only thing on my patient chart under drugs taken is "mulit-vit" its not like I was trying to score!!