Monday, June 19, 2006

Bit of shopping

When we lived in Rockville one of my favorite things to do was shopping after payday. Not a crazy haul of things we didn't need. But wake up Sunday, go to Rio, get a Starbucks, meander in B&N for as long as I like, then go to Target to buy all the toiletries and cleaning supplies, etc we needed. Maybe go crazy and buy myself a shirt.

Last night did a bit of that. But at K-mart. I love our K-mart. I haven't stepped foot in a Wal-Mart in 2 years. I hate everything about it, not just the corporation, but ours in particular. The people, the lines, the narrow aisles, the crowds. K-Mart is always empty, and the selection and prices are great. How long it will last, I have no idea. But last night I bet there were maybe a dozen shoppers in the store. It was nice to just meander around and look at stuff, and then come home and have new stuff. I felt better. Why does shopping make you feel good? Not always the "shopping" part, but the "having new stuff" part?