Thursday, March 15, 2007

Great Storm - Bad Dreams

Last night we had a great storm roll in. The temp was nice and warm - around 60, and we stood out on the deck to watch the storm approach. It was dark out, and really cloudy. The lightening was awesome! It lit up all the clouds - the entire sky. And some of it was really thick lightening, not just the skinny scraggly kind. We started counting the blasts against the thunder to track it as it got closer. You could start to see the rain down in the valley approaching. Then it got really loud. D said 'that's HAIL'. I was actually afraid it might have been a tornado - they always say it sounds like a train. We ducked inside just as the hail started pelting down. Most of it was about the size of a nickel - so pretty big. But it didn't last for long. It just turned into a huge downpouring rainstorm that lasted all night. Our hill road was not in good shape because of it. A lot of wash-out occured. Which means we really need a road crew meeting soon.

After working out, doing laundry and watching LOST (great episode bwt) I fell right asleep when I went to bed. Only to wake up around 3 crying from an awful dream. Yesterday day at work I found out a girl who works in one of our Missouri plants husband was killed in a car wreck over the weekend. He was 35. I had met her at last year's conference and really liked her. Talked to her alot and swapped a lot of emails with her about movies, etc. She always talked about having fun with her husband, just got the impression they were a good couple together. I just felt awful for her. It was really upsetting. I just kept thinking about what I would do I anything happend to D. It was just a horrible train of thought I couldn't break out of. So later, I had an awful dream. I was in the hospital and they kept telling me he had died. But I couldn't see him to get proof. (It didn't help that on LOST they had a hospital scene) But the dream just kept on and on and everyone kept telling me the same thing, but I couldn't get to him. It was just awful. I had to kick Ned out of the way so I could hug D while I fell back to sleep. I need to have a good nights sleep tonight. I hate it when I have upsetting dreams because they always seem so real!