Sunday, March 11, 2007

this wknd

I've lived here three years and only just now found a new trail to hike, and its the best one yet! I've heard neighbors mention it, but I could never findit. D told me where he thought it was, and today - it was so sunny and nice out, in the 60's - that Ned and I took a long hike and found it. It's nice because the two trails we usually hike are either the old farm road or the gas line. this new one is actually a trail thru the woods. It was very pretty, very quiet. Ned went off three times after deer or bunnies. I just hung out and relaxed and enjoyed the woods and waited, blowing the whistle every so often, until he ran back. He's so good, he always comes back. It was just so nice and sunny and warm out. Nice to walk out in the woods. A few hours later we took another walk with D out the gas line. I don't know how Ned has that much energy - the dog just keeps running!

I cooked alot this weekend. Sunday I made Cashew Chicken (new dish for me) and Saturday I made a big curry. Later Saturday we met friends and their kids out to go bowling. We had a great time. I stink at bowling, but I really want to do well. The ball kept scraping the skin off my thumb when I threw it. Gave me a blister. I didn't do too badly, but still - glad our friends brought their kids, so we had an excuse to use the bumpers heehee.

Friday we went to a party at a friends house. She used to work with D, and her husband still does. She's the kind of person that I get along with so well, and I think we both realize we have the potential to be really good friends, but she's really busy with finishing her degree, and they're little boy has been diagnosed with autism, so she doesn't have much free time. She's very cool though - I really like her.

Along the friends line - looking forward to Kerri and her husband coming to visit next weekend. It will be nice to have them here and get to see her and catch up. My other friend Jodi got to get away for the weekend and visit her best friend in Seattle. I'm so happy she got to get away and have fun. Very jealous, I'm sure Seattle was great! and she needed some time for herself. I can't wait to hear about her trip. I also still miss Gitte. I has a dream about them moving all over again. It was pretty said. Funny thing is D said he had a similar dream last week. I just think about them and the trip over a lot. They leave today for SA for a month. I hope I hear from them while they're down there. My friend in Roanoke's plans for adopting from Vietnam are moving along so well that we've started planning a baby shower for her. Very excited for them.

Other than all that, I repotted some plants, paid bills and re-did my budget this weekend. Not terribly exciting. Its midnight and I'm posting - which means the time change - daylight savings Spring forward - has my internal clock all messed up. I''m up and wired. But then after a few days of posting, I'll probably go dormant again and not post for weeks.