Saturday, November 13, 2004

Blustery

Is the weather today. Sunny, bright blue sky, but friggin cold and windy. Today is a chore day, laundry, dishes (starting to wish we HAD bought a dishwasher), bills - the usual. Plus D is getting stuff ready to do to DC for several days. So jealous. I would love to be going with him. I miss the museums I think most of all. And the people watching. But we both might be going the following weekend anyway, so I'll have to be patient.

In the meantime I have a party to go to today at 3pm for my friends 2 year old. He turns 2 and I think 30 some people will be crammed into the house to celebrate it. I'm getting him a book, just not sure which one yet. (And it's 11:30am.) Then the 2 year old's mommy and I are planning on seeing the Bridget Jones sequel tommorrow. I have a bad feeling about the plot, but who cares?! Colin Firth on a big screen - yummy! Ok - so Hugh Grant is all that, but the pics I've seen of him lately look like he's hitting the self-tanner a bit too liberally.

I'm hungry so I'm getting out of here - made a HUGE pot of gumbo last night and I hear it bubblingly calling me to eat lots of it.