Friday, January 21, 2005

Fun with myths

Today is Friday, and I couldn't be happier about that. It's been a long week. I'm looking forward to the blizzard we're supposed to get Saturday. Anywhere from 3-8 inches of snow. I'm hoping we get snowed in. Take a long hike in the woods. Go sled riding. Go skiing. Make a fire and watch movies. Oh wait - I mean watch football. (Go Birds!!)

Since we live in the woods of WV I try to add bits of natural history to my blog here and there. Today I'm adding the bit about WV myths. The most famous being the "Mothman". Made even more famous by the movie. (which I quit watching the other evening, becuase I was getting freaked looking out our windows at night) My dad actually went through this town a day or so before the famous bridge collapse.

It also looks like we've got Big Foot. ( I like the name "Yeti" better. But I think that's it's Asian cousin) Notice the WV counties with sightings. We live in Ohio county. Marshall and Brooke Co's are near us. I'll keep an eye out for anything this weeend. (Snow makes tracking easier)