Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Random

I had to drive D to work today as the Saab is still ailing. I suddenly realized as he got it that I couldn't remember what day it was, and his birthday was near. Shit - what day is it? Whew! His birthday is tomorrow. Luckily. Shopping today at lunch. My dad's b-day is Thursday, so we're having a cook-out with the folks tomorrow night. Hope it doesn't rain. I have a list of stuff I could get D, but this week's budget envelope only squeezes so far.

The reason I almost forgot is we're spending so much time on his golf scramble. I bought the t-shirts last night and have to print out the logos tonight. And get the prizes, beer and liquor. And clean the house! yikes!

Got an email today from a friend who is forwarding me a design job. Could make a nice bit of cash from it. Hope it works out into more over time. I could really use it right now. Again, this budget thing is hard. huh, huh... I said hard.

My brother just bought a MIATA. Lord. Even he said it's a 45 mid-life crisis. As long as he doens't join one of those stupid Miata clubs.

Sandra Bullock got married. yay for her. She seems like one female star that would actually make a nice friend, be a normal, nice person.

Almost done with Harry Potter. You can just feel something bad is going to happen soon. I hate it when I can see I've only got about a half inch left to read and it's getting good.

Had to take a client's photo this morning. I still need batteries for my camera, so I used the small digital from work. He saw it and said "uh, don't you have lights and stuff? We could use my camera, it cost 2 grand...". No idiot, you're going to be on a billboard, not the cover of Forbes. This will suffice.