Tuesday, October 11, 2005

plus one day

35 and one day. Don't worry, I won't do this for the entire year. I actually ended up having a great birthday. Got home and had salad and pizza for dinner. You can't beat a dinner that you didn't have to cook or clean up after (paper plates) D even got me a cake with candles and everything. (he did however happen to select HIS favorite cake - Baskin Robbins icecream cake, which of course was great) He gave me a hysterical card with a pic of donkey on it. They seem to be a running theme at our house lately, as they're in our yard almost every morning. And he got me a goody bag of stuff from the Body Shop. We had a nice dinner with his parents and my dad. My mom still isn't feeling well. She's been really weak lately so she stayed home. We had plans to play Yahtzee, then we were all so tired we just sat around and talked. We had a way too long discussion with D's mom on how trains pull into stations, then swap engines on the ends instead of turning around. This went on forever. Diagrams drawn and everything. I gave up and went to bed. The train diagram btw - was written on the same tablet D had diagramed out how to use our TV remote for his parents. And the washing machine. They left just left this morning. The house will seem quiet without them.

I also got phone calls from my friends with birthday wishes. My brother called as well. I am under strict orders to state that he no longer owns a Miata. He got rid of it and replaced it with an Acura. Mid-life crisis averted.