Monday, January 23, 2006

Best thing about the Steelers playing Sunday...

was that there wasn't any traffic of any kind at the Robinson Shopping area in Pittsburgh. I specifically chose to drive up there during the game. PERFECT. It was like a ghost town as everyone was already at the restaurants and bars in the area waiting for the game to start. I meandered through Target and spent over 2 hours grazing at Barnes and Noble. This could be one of my favorite activities. I looked through the following categories, Art and Design, Fertility, Cookbooks, gardening, Pet health, Diets, and cheap books on super sale. I walked out with a book on drawing animals, a supersale chic lit novel for $4.98! and that damn James Frey book. ( I started reading it last night and already annoyed with it) I made a point of telling the cashier that I HAD to buy it for bookclub, I wasn't falling prey to the media buzz over it. He could care less. Oh - I also grazed through the travel section. Thinking that's where I'm going to start buying more books from. Especially the first person accounts of travel. Didn't realize there were so many interesting titles.

Oh yeah, so the Steelers won and are going to the Super Bowl. One) this will make work unbearable as it will be all the men talk about for hours ad nauseum. If the girls talked about Oscar fashions this much we'd be reprimanded for it. Two) the ski trip will be interesting - the majority of the people going are Steelers fans. That Sunday night will be a huge party at the cabin.

Friday night we had my folks up for dinner. It was really nice. We played a little Yahtzee after dinner. Just good to hang out with them.

Sunday we took a long walk out to the farm and fed the horses. The little chestnut pony that had the horribly overgrown hooves finally got a major trim. Now he has cute little pretty hooves. He was getting around great now. Thank god. Felt so bad for him. He was even getting cheaky about getting more apples from us, so he must feel better.