Monday, April 17, 2006

Jam Packed Weekend

The weekend officially got off to a bad start Thursday afternoon of last week. At 2pm my boss announces it's a beautiful day, let's close shop at 3:30! Yay - oh wait...I have an intern interview scheduled for 4pm. Then I had to place orders...so I didn't leave early, I actually left late. Got home, busted thru finishing packing the Rodeo, got on the road by 6:10. Not bad, but it could have been 4pm. Just past Washington Pa, getting ready to turn onto the Exit for Morgantown, D calls. He had gone golfing after work. "So where are you?" he says. " Getting on the exit ramp for Morgantown." I reply. "You're leaving TONIGHT!?! You never told me that!"....apparently even though we'd been talking to each other all week, we hadn't actually been COMMUNICATING. Both our bads. This rarely happens, and I'm going to go ahead and blame it on the rain...huh,huh, no actually blame it on Daylight Savings and all the yard work we've been doing til 8:30 pm each night becuase of it. We went our seperate ways for the weekend, I to DC, he to AC to help "organize" his brother's bachelor party. (apparently the singles need sorting or something)

I had a bad drive into DC. White knuckling it for about 2 hours in a bad thunderstorm. Got in and went to sleep. G & P went to work and daycare, so I ran up to Baltimore to visit K, who I haven't seen since the U2 concert in October. Got to spend the whole afternoon with her. Good to catch up. Got to see her new house, their sailboat, where they live and their new dog. We had lunch at a Vietnamese Noodle Bowl shop. Never had them before. It was good. Very filling, but not a lot of flavor. Even when I added Plum Sauce.That evening got to play with P, give her a bath, put her to bed, and just hangout and relax with G. She's due in 4-6 weeks and doing great, but still, she doesn't need to over do it. We watched "GrizzleyMan" about the idiot who lived with the Grizzlies in Alaska, and was eventually eaten by one. He probably gave the bear diabetese, he was such a FruitLoop. ohh, that was a bit harsh. Movie was worth it just to sit there and yell at the screen, "you are such an idiot". He didn't protect the bears, he probably damaged them by letting them acclimate to humans. Idiot.

Saturday was a busy day. We had "Mommy and Me" tumble time at a gymnatics studio at 8:30 am. I filled in for mommy. I had a blast! P did so well. The kids get to run around and learn balance, coordination, and 'waiting your turn' skills in a really fun way. (G said I was the youngest person there, which means I wouldn't be an Old mommy compared to them, and/or I still look younger than I am) Then we had breakfast at Le Madeline. Scoff, but my $6 quiche pie thing was tasty. Then home for naptime, followed by a walk, then a trip to the kids section of Barnes & Noble so mommy could leisurely enjoy Target for a change. Then off to HomeCheapo for flowers for the yard, and THEN, we drove out to the middle of nowhere Maryland to see my friend's horses. We were all pretty wiped out by the time we got to see the horses, but P loved it. She doesn't seem to be afraid of them. Even T's giant retired racehorse. It was nice to see where the farm was in case I can get back to maybe ride one day. (hint hint) We all just crashed that night and ordered Lebanese take out and we watched "Hustle and Flow". I would have never picked this movie. Ever. It was very entertaining though. Really liked it. It took half-way thru the movie before you got used to the muffled way the main character talked to understand him. He sounded just like Benicio Del Torro's character in "The Usual Suspects".

Sunday morning the Easter Bunny came. Good part - she really enjoyed it. Bad part - the two Peeps she crammed into her mouth wired her up so much she never came down. All day. She'd never really had sugar like that before. I felt bad when I left at 4pm cuz she was still going strong. Got home at 9pm, and hung out with Ned before I passed out. Like I said - Jam Packed Weekend.