Tuesday, November 16, 2004

blue bathroom blues

I didn’t get as much done as I wanted – of course. I always thinking I’ll be able to do so much more than I realistically can. I blame this entirely on the stupid one-room-in-two-days home make-over shows. They never show how much time you have to spend dealing with the crap work ethic of the previous owner. They never taped off anything! The entire outer edge of the bathtub/shower has two diff colors of paint from two diff occasions of “painting”. And who installs a shower and doesn’t caulk it – ever? So I had to do that as well.

And I cannot find the breaker for the bathroom lights. Our house is so badly wired that when the outside deck breaker throws, so do the outlets in the bathroom. It took us a week to figure that one
out. We had to re-set the buttons on the outlet out on the deck to use a hairdryer in the bathroom.
Tonight I’m just hoping to get the ceiling and walls painted. Hoping.

Apart from that I just got some very bad, alarming news today from a friend. I never know what to say and I think I'm good at always saying the wrong thing.